When professionals were asked what would make them more engaged at work, the responses included:
- Better perks ( free food, nap room, on-site gyms)
- More challenging work
- Less bureaucracy/red tape
- Lighter workload
- More team building/outings
- Better boss
Additional findings from the research:
- Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City and Charlotte took the top spots for most engaged workers.
- Professionals in Los Angeles, Miami, New York and Chicago struggle most to stay inspired.
- Respondents ages 18 to 34 said better perks (47%) would help their motivation most at the office, followed by more challenging work (38%).
- Professionals ages 55 and older said that less red tape (35%) would do the trick when it comes to improving satisfaction in their day-to-day activities.
- Employees in Chicago seek more meaningful work (44%).
- Workers in Cleveland are looking for less bureaucracy at work (40%).
- Perks reign supreme in Boston: 46% of workers want offerings such as nap rooms, free snacks or an on-site gym.