White House COVID-19 Updates
- President Trump and Vice President Pence meet with Tourism Industry Executives (VIDEO, REMARKS)
- President Trump and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force Press Briefing (VIDEO, REMARKS)
- 1600 Daily: 24 Hours of All-American Teamwork (HERE)
- What is Social Distancing? (VIDEO)
President Trump Expands Telehealth Benefits for Medicare Beneficiaries During COVID-19 Outbreak (HERE)
- The Trump Administration today announced expanded Medicare telehealth coverage that will enable beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services from their doctors without having to travel to a healthcare facility. Beginning on March 6, 2020, Medicare—administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)—will temporarily pay clinicians to provide telehealth services for beneficiaries residing across the entire country. For more information please see the FAQ (here) and Guidance (here).
CDC Webinar: Answering 20 Questions about COVID-19 (HERE)
- The international outbreak of COVID-19 poses a serious public health threat. The federal government is working closely with state, local, tribal, and territorial partners, as well as public health partners, to respond to this public health threat. The public health response is multi-layered, with the goal of containing the spread and mitigating the impact of this virus. This special webinar from CDC EPIC discusses the current state of the outbreak, what CDC is doing to respond to the outbreak, and how partners, organizations, and the public can help.
SBA Updates Criteria on States for Requesting Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (HERE)
- Today, as part of the Trump Administration’s aggressive, whole-of-government efforts to combat the Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) and minimize economic disruption to the nation’s 30 million small businesses, U.S. Small Business Administration Administrator Jovita Carranza issued revised criteria for states or territories seeking an economic injury declaration related to COVID-19.
Secretary Azar Statement on Launch of Phase 1 COVID-19 Vaccine Trial (HERE)
- On Monday, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the National Institutes of Health announced that a Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating an investigational vaccine designed to protect against COVID-19 has begun at Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle, funded by NIH.
FDA Provides More Regulatory Relief During Outbreak, Continues to Help Expedite Availability of Diagnostics (HERE)
- Today, as part of our ongoing and aggressive commitment to address the coronavirus outbreak, the FDA updated a policy originally issued on Feb. 29 on diagnostic testing for COVID-19 in order to achieve more rapid testing capacity in the U.S.
FDA Releases Food Safety and COVID-19 FAQs (HERE)
- FDA provided resources available to industry members and consumers on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and food safety. For additional information, visit FDA's main page Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
USDA's Office of Food Safety and Marketing and Regulatory Programs Statement to Industry (HERE)
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture is rising to meet the challenges associated with the new coronavirus disease, Covid-19. As leaders of USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service and Agricultural Marketing Service, we can assure you that the agencies are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees while still providing the timely delivery of services to maintain the movement of America’s food supply from farm to fork.
USDA Announces Feeding Program Partnership in Response to COVID-19 (HERE)
- Today, Secretary Perdue announced a collaboration with the Baylor Collaborative on Hunger and Poverty, McLane Global, PepsiCo, and others to deliver nearly 1,000,000 meals per week to students in a limited number of rural schools closed due to COVID-19. These boxes will contain five days worth of shelf-stable, nutritious, individually packaged foods that meet USDA’s summer food requirements. The use of this innovative delivery system will ensure rural children receive nutritious food while limiting exposure to COVID-19.
FDA Commissioner Hahn: “Be Wary of Anyone Claiming They Can Cure COVID-19. Talk to Your Doctor.” (HERE)
- “The FDA, in conjunction with our federal and international partners, will continue to help advance response efforts to combat the COVID-19 outbreak, and that includes warning consumers against becoming victims of health fraud and taking action to stop health scams.”
For the most up-to-date information, please see the CDC’s website: www.coronavirus.gov.