"Between now and May 4, the Governor’s Office will continue to monitor the situation and work with Missouri’s hospitals, health care providers, public health experts, business leaders, and state departments to develop a plan.
The state’s approach to recovery will be deliberate and data-driven with two initial phases intended to protect those most at risk of exposure to COVID-19 while returning Missouri to a new normal.
The “Show Me Strong Recovery” plan will rest on four essential pillars:
- Rapidly expand testing capacity and volume in the state, including testing for those who are currently contagious and those who have developed immunity to the virus
- Expand reserves of PPE by opening public and private supply chains and continuing to utilize Missouri businesses in that effort
- Continue to monitor and, if necessary, expand hospital and health care system capacity, including isolation and alternate care facilities for those that cannot self-quarantine at home
- Improve ability to predict potential outbreaks using Missouri's public health data
- Hospitalization of known and presumed COVID-19 cases
- Relative population density and mobility
- Lab testing results
- Health care facility capacity to treat COVID-19, including available hospital beds and ventilators"
Missouri Association of Manufacturers will continue to bring you updates on the reopening and the latest information regarding COVID-19.